This 3D2N Intermediate Beekeeping Course is organized by Steve Honey Bee Farm. Students will get to learn the intermediate knowledge of Apis Melifera beekeeping. As a result, this is a medium investment before you start a bee farm. Suitable for students who would like to be a beekeeper managing 10 hives as a hobby. Strongly recommended for students after attending our basic beekeeping course.
We will provide all soft copies, As a result, please bring a pen drive/ HDD with you.
Beekeeping tools will be provided on the day of the course.
Students also will be issued one attendance certificate. Certificates will be printed after the class ended. Fees including for the mailing of the certificate. Please fill up the form with the correct information. The information provided will be used for certificate printing.
4. About the class:
The minimum enrolment of students is 5 students and we will start the class. Venue will be held in Pulau Meranti, Puchong.. Please register yourself. And wait for the date to be updated by your coach. Intermediate Beekeeping Course for beginners will be organized four times a year. The date will be in January, February, March, April, and May.
5. Transport and meal:
The fees are just for the tuition fees and the materials. Fees do not include transportation. We will be having lunch at the nearby restaurant. We will arrange for lunch at nearby restaurants.
Mandarin, English, or Malay. It’s up to the student’s comfort.
FULL PAYMENT before the class starts.
1. Intermediate Beekeeping Syllabus:
Day 1- Part A
- Choose the right beehives/ box for yourself.
- How does the queen excluder work?
- Function for net cover and the important element behind it.
- The function of the main door and integrated door.
- Important of big and small dummy board.
- How many types of frames and the functions.
- Small bee farm management.
- Location selection.
- Water Source testing.
- Nectar Source identify.
- Bee farm design.
- Wild bee(ApisCerana) and Imported bees (Apis Melifera) selection.
- The function of a colony.
- Frames installation demo.
- Try to install your own frames.
- Wax Foundation installation.
Day 2 – Part B:
- What to do when you lost a queen.
- The life span of a queen.
- Introduction of naturally splitting a hive.
- Introduction of queen grafting.
- Introduction of NUCS.
- Hive maintenance.
- Pest control for small-scale bee farms.
- Grafting demo by our experienced coaches.
- Queen grafting preparation.
- Try graft your own queen cell.
Day 3 – Part C:
- Q&A session.
- Group photo shooting.
- Certificate issuing.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org